Travel through a country that celebrates its rich history while embracing a modern flare on this Adventures by Disney Germany vacation where you’ll visit the storybook town of Rothenburg as well as Berlin’s contemporary architectural marvels. You’ll be immersed in the proud culture and traditions through activities where you’ll make signature chocolates, create street art and you’re your own twist to pretzel making. Plus, you’ll step back into history with reflective tours of World War II locations that shaped world history.
8 nights from $5399 per person
Supplier: Adventures by Disney®
Berlin is without doubt the most fascinating city in Germany. Covering around 341 square miles Berlin is a unique landscape. With its numerous parks, lakes and wooded areas it is sometimes easy to forget that Berlin is the capital of Germany. The troubled history of this celebrated capital has for many years attracted tourists from around the world. It is estimated around 80% of Berlin was destroyed during the Second World War; landmarks like the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church stand as a lasting reminder of the mass destruction this city once endured. Perhaps one of Berlin's most famous landmarks is the Berlin Wall, the 'iron curtain' that divided this great city into two halves between 1961 and 1989. The East was governed by communism while the West was allowed to flourish under a democratic capitalist government. Even now, over a decade after the fall of the Berlin Wall, the differences between the former East and West are still very apparent. Berlin has an undeniable air of mystery that has always been and always will be a major draw for tourists from around the world.
Home of tworld-famous Oktoberfest, the Hofbrauhaus and beergarden-experience, Munich has become one of the most modern and prosperous cities in post-war Germany. Munich offers museums, art galleries, concert halls and historical buildings, beergarden athmosphere on a warm summer night and the hottest dance hall scene in Germany. The area around Munich has mountains, lakes, fairy-tale-castles, wintersport centers and treasures like the monastery-and-brewery of Andechs. Among "must-sees" in Munich, are a walk on the high-level-shopping mile of Maximilianstrasse, a visit of Monopterus building and the "Chinesischer Turm" beergarden on a warm summer day, a match of two main local soccer clubs in Olympic stadium, a visit to "Deutsche Museum", a beer in the students' pubs, and an afternight breakfast in the cafe "Schmalznudel" at Viktualienmarkt. For history, go to a museum, visit the castle of Nymphenburg or get confronted with the dark side of German history in Dachau concentration camp memorial site.
Of the many towns along the Romantic Road, Rothenburg is the most lovable. Today it’s Germany's best-preserved medieval walled town, enjoying tremendous popularity. Those spending a night in Europe’s most exciting medieval town risk actually hearing sounds of the Thirty Years’ War still echoing through its turrets and clock towers. This is a great place to do German shopping. A thousand years of history are packed between the cobbles. The walk around Rothenburg’s medieval wall offers great views. For the best view of the town and surrounding countryside, make the rewarding climb to the top of Town Hall Tower. Rothenburg’s Medieval Crime and Punishment Museum is fascinating. St. Jacob’s Church contains the one must-see art treasure in Rothenburg, a glorious 500-year-old altarpiece by Riemenschneider, the Michelangelo of German woodcarvers. Take a walk through Tauber Valley's trail leading downhill from Rothenburg’s idyllic castle gardens to a 600-year-old castle, the summer home of Mayor Toppler.
Valid Travel Dates
- The services of two Adventure Guides
- VIP access and private events
- Outstanding accommodations
- Most meals during trip: 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners
- Admission fees to attractions and performances
- Cultural experiences with local experts
- Family activities and special thrills just for kids
- Transportation within your vacation
- Luggage service and more
- Berlin Wall Bike Tour Pedal through history on this tour that takes you along the infamous wall that symbolized the Cold War and divided the country. You’ll learn all about this powerful structure while getting a glimpse into the history and future of this marvelous city
- Street Art and Graffiti Workshop Discover the vibrant street art scene that is a vital part of this modern city. You’ll have a local street art guide that will take you from the Gendarmenmarkt through the various city districts to see the evolution of this emerging culture. Plus, you’ll get hands-on as you create your own work of art using stencils and canvas
- Neuschwanstein Castle Tour the imaginative white castle of the poetic King Ludwig II—an inspiration for Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Resort
- Pretzel-Making at Striffler Bakery
Tour Striffler Bakery, the oldest bakery in Rothenburg, and learn how to make a pretzel from a 4th-generation baker
- Nuremberg Culinary Tour Taste your way through this historic city where you’ll discover the rich flavors and aromas that are steeped in Nuremberg’s culture. You’ll taste items like spices, teas, gingerbread and, of course, fresh pretzels. There are also some heartier items like meats, sausages and potatoes
Note: Rate, Itinerary, Inclusions/Vacation Highlights & child age requirements have been updated since the distribution of the German National Tourist Board email campaign - May 17, 2017.
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
641 S. Hebron Ave.
Evansville, IN 47714
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.